I got this from Esther. She apparently tagged me in March and I missed it, so here it is now!
1. Where/How did you meet?
I saw him in the choir of the church I was attending. We were both Lutherans at the time. My roommate was the deaconess and she asked his mother how old he was. Since he is four years younger than I am, I wasn’t interested (I had just gotten out of two relationships with guys 4 years younger – the “curse” of having been in the army and starting college later). However, a few weeks later he was at a bowling party my roommate and I were attending and since he still was cute, we talked and…the rest is history. I like to tell people we met in a bowling alley.
2. How long have you known each other?
Well, we just celebrated 20 years of marriage and we dated for 13 months before that, so, holy cow, 21 years!
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
We met at the bowling party and within a week or so I asked him to a concert at the church (Christian rock band) and that was it.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
We knew we wanted to get married within a month of our meeting (which was 1 Mar) but he “officially” asked me in Sept and I got my engagement ring 3 Oct (my sister’s birthday and my last day at a job I LOVED!).
5. How long was your engagement?
6. How long have you been married?
20 years last month
7. What is your anniversary?
8. How many people came to your wedding reception:
I don’t know; maybe 50 or so.
9. What kind of cake did you serve?
Your basic yellow wedding cake with a fountain.
10. Where was your wedding?
Calvary United Methodist, Lawrenceville, PA (I was a Methodist growing up).
The reception was at the:
Holiday Inn, Painted Post, NY
11. What did you serve for your meal?
A buffet, with roast beef I think.
12. How many people were in your bridal party?
Two bridesmaids, a maid of honor, a best man and 4 groomsmen/ushers
13. Are you still friends with them all?
One bridesmaid was my sister-in-law and the other was my best friend, so yes to those. My sister (my maid of honor) died in 1990, so I like to think that she’s in heaven listening when I pray and praying for her niece and the nephew she never met. My husband’s best man was his dad, and of the four groomsmen, two we are close to and I don’t think he hears from the other two, but he knows how to get in touch with them, I think.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
Yes. It was so sweet.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
The whole day was special but I guess just seeing him at the end of the aisle waiting for me.
16. Any funny moments?
My mother left my veil home and DH left his cummerbund at the motel and my brother who walked me down the aisle as my father died when I was 25, three years before I got married, drove seven miles back to get them. My best friend, as we were waiting, asked if I was okay and I said, “Hey, they can’t start without me.”
17. Any big disasters?
It snowed that morning, but I didn’t care.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
A Windjammer Cruise to the Carribean.
19. How long were you gone?
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
Make sure the DJs were competent, played what we wanted, and DIDN’T try to catch the garter!
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Left, but my husband says I sleep closest to the bathroom wherever we are. I don’t know why, but that’s kind of the “rule.”
22. What size is your bed?
23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We share the same values. Teaching and practicing NFP together and having to stick together when none of our relatives are Catholic has really bonded us. We talk about everything and never grow bored with each other.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
Probably my health issues and moving all over the world for his work.
25. Who literally pays the bills?
26. What is your song?
We once realized that we never had a song, so we picked one. “Walk Like an Egyptian” by the Bangles. It’s just goofy enough that we love it. If I hear it on the radio, I turn it up real loud and find him and beg him to dance with me!
27. What did you dance your first dance to?
I can’t even remember, but I know it wasn’t what I thought I’d told the DJ, but my DH said, “it doesn’t matter” so I didn’t make a big deal about it.
28. Describe your wedding dress: I’m bad at description so here it is:
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
30. Are your wedding bands engraved?