If it’s not too early, I’d like to offer this to all my near and dear ones looking for what to get me for Christmas:
I borrowed and personalized this list for me from Diana Rowe Martinez.
- Gift certificate to any of the major bookstores
- Gift certificate to Office Depot
- Anything from Levengers catalog for readers and writers, especially:
- Storyboard letterpads
- Flag bookmark wallet
- Laplander Lap Desk
- Foot Trampoline
- Case of printer paper
- E-book reader
- Writing books:
- Techniques of the Selling Writer by Dwight Swain
- Fiction is Folks by Robert Newton Peck (need to get this used)
- Save the Cat by Blake Snyder
- for a day all by myself to write
- for various housework chores to get done while I work
- for pampering when I’ve achieved something
- candlelight meal (without kids)
- a nice dessert with no mention of calories or WW points
- a movie and popcorn with same conditions as above
- for kind words (nothing like “you’ve been through this before) when I’m block or having an anxiety attack over the writing.
- Your work is amazing, much better than that ole Nora Roberts
- You’ve been working so hard, you just need some recharging.
- I know you’re feeling bad now, but maybe you just need some time away from the computer.
- Write the book YOU want to write and don’t worry about anyone else.
- A gift certificate for the money to attend RWA Nationals next year.
- Of course, a spluge gift would be a night or two at a hotel, just me, so I can write and relax without laundry or dishes or kids calling my name, and no, emergency trips out of town to attend a funeral don’t count.
Just a few suggestions family.